What is a Certified Learning Solution (CLS)?
The Certified Learning Solution (CLS) is the master recognition benchmark for quality learning solutions, designed to meet an identified learning need and achieve the desired outcomes and results. It is what sets high-quality learning solutions apart in our profession. This benchmark:
- Recognises design and development capabilities, experience and achievements
- Identifies well designed learning solutions achieving great results
- Provides quality assurance to existing and potential clients
- CLSs are acknowledged for their quality and continual improvement
This benchmark was introduced to:
- Establish an industry-wide recognised standard of excellence
- Reinforce the learning and development profession with both experience and competence
- Ensure learning and development continues to advance with both knowledge and skills
- Enhance the credibility of the profession by ensuring that only credible learning and development solutions are implemented and recognised
Achieving this benchmark provides an industry-wide recognised standard of excellence to stand out with clients, employers and learners.Download CLS Handbook
To be eligible for the CLS, designers should have:
- Extensive practical instructional design experience (minimum of four years)
- Recognised qualifications in learning and development or related fields (Certificate IV minimum level, Certified Learning Facilitator, Certified Learning Consultant)
- Demonstrated results or achievements from their learning solutions
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
We want all potential candidates for Certified Learning Solution to decide if the CLS is the right option for their training solution.
Complete the application form and include the required supporting evidence in regard to their experience.
Once the application is approved, applicants will be provided with additional information relating to the practical assessment.
The practical assessment component involves a questionnaire, validation interview and demonstration of design skills.
Certified Learning Solutions are valid for 2 years, after which, the application can be made for re-certification incorporating documented continuous improvement.
Applicants for re-certification will be required to review their solutions and advise how the review was undertaken, what was identified and how the solution was modified as a result of the feedback.
This commitment, which is subject to random ILP auditing, fosters continued learning and development.
Certified Learning Solution designers are encouraged to maintain their professionalism and attributable status by undertaking a minimum of 30 hours of professional development (e.g. professional development workshops, structured learning activities and informal activities such as research and readings), over a 12-month period.