Developing a Learning Mindset in your Learners with Adam Le Good
There are many reasons why people attend learning sessions unprepared to learn. We will explore those reasons and develop some pre-emptive strategies to help instil a Learning Mindset in our audience.
Inexperienced presenters are often so consumed with the content, their ‘slides’ and their own nervous energy that they forget the importance of engaging with participants. But even experienced presenters can struggle when participants enter the learning space unprepared or unwilling to learn.
Our job as Learning and Development professionals is NOT presenting information … it is engaging the hearts and minds of our audience.
In this session we will explore why participants enter a learning session unprepared to learn and look at what we can do to instil a Learning Mindset in our learners from the moment they enter the ‘room’.
We will also explore some of the things we might be doing as presenters that could discourage a Learning Mindset in our audience.
Whether you present face to face or virtually, whether you are a novice or a seasoned professional, and regardless of the numbers you present to, this presentation will help you engage your audience more effectively and ensure positive takeaways for all your participants.
Facilitated by Adam Le Good
Adam has been in the Learning and Development field for over three decades. For much of that time he has been helping other Learning and Development professionals learn and perfect their craft. His background in the performing arts combined with his lifelong study of human behaviour are a potent combination, and help to engage with, and impart to, everyone in his sessions.
In Part Two of this Masterclass
Agenda - AEDT (Sydney/Melbourne)
3:30 Welcome - ILP CEO Kerry Brocks
3:35 Introduction to topic and facilitator - ILP COO Bill Jarrard
3:40 Developing a Learning Mindset in your Learners - with Adam Le Good
4:35 Member activity on Mindfulness
4:55 What’s coming up at ILP?
5:00 Close – but we’ll stay open for anyone that wants to continue the conversation.
ILP Members – Free (Please note this will show as free at the finalisation of the registration process)
Non-Members - $29
Please Note: Event Process
- When you register you will receive a confirmation of registration
- A reminder about the event will be sent to you closer to the date
- The link for the event will be sent 24 hours prior to the event
- Should you register on the day the link will be sent to you no later than an hour prior to the event
- Should you register within an hour of the event we will endeavour to send you the link
- If you are not able to attend the event and have registered a link to the recording will be sent to all registered (those who have attended and those who were not able to)
- If you do not receive the link in these timeframes please contact us to ensure you receive the link, as we do not always receive advice the email has bounced or not been received.
- All times are in AEST unless otherwise stated
- Ensure we are added to your address book
- Please login to the Zoom Meeting Room a couple of minutes before the start time, so we have everyone in when we start, as we will be locking the meeting shortly after the start, which will disable your ability to join us.