The truth about motivation and why it beats capability presented by Mark Oliver
Welcome to 2021 an the first ILP Masterclass for the year. This year we will again see a wide range of topics covered and facilitated by our fantastic members and friends. We plan to continue to run these fortnightly on Wednesday afternoons, and at the same times as last year.
While 2021 promises to be just as interesting and challenging as 2020, it will no doubt be different. We will therefore monitor how the day and time is working for you and adapt if needed. Any feedback is welcome – email Bill at email@example.com.
Mark will explain the 7 fundamental human motivations which underpin human behaviour and experience. He will go on to show how much they explain about the human condition and what is most important in life and work. Participants will go away with a model which they can apply in their own life to better understand why people do what they do, and how this understanding can help them be more aware, as well as better influence and lead others.
Mark started his career in the UK’s 5 Airborne Brigade, where he was a Jungle Warfare instructor and demolitions officer for 11 years before moving into the civilian world. For over 30 years he has worked with senior executives and facilitated both “train-the-trainer” advanced leadership courses, as well as competency programs and assessment courses for global companies.
He set up this international leadership development consultancy, MarkTwo Consulting, in 2002 to provide advanced leadership courses for corporations in 6 of the 7 continents. Mark has been interviewed on national TV and prime time media to do with capability, selection, recruitment and assessment.
Mark is a graduate of the University of Cambridge, the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst and the Royal School of Military Engineering. Mark is internationally credentialled in 20 organizational psychological instruments. He is a martial arts blackbelt and the author of three books: Motivational Leadership; The Seven Motivations of Life; and A Himalayan Trinity.
To read Marks full profile : https://www.marktwoconsulting.com/about-mark2/marktwo-ceo
AGENDA: As a guide, this is how our Masterclasses will run ...
3:30 Welcome and agenda review by ILP CEO Kerry Brocks and ILP COO Bill Jarrard
3:35 Introduction to our feature presenter/facilitator/topic
3:40 The truth about motivation and why it beats capability. Mark Oliver
4:30 In 2021 we are going to use the last part of the masterclasses in different ways, including open discussion, facilitated activity, introductions from new members and partners, and more. If you have ideas for something that might suit a 20 minute slot, please let Bill know. Thanks
4:50 ILP news, latest resources, and upcoming events, and wrap up
ILP Members – Free (Please note this will show as free at the finalisation of the registration process)
Non-Members - $29
Please Note: Event Process
- When you register you will receive a confirmation of registration
- A reminder about the event will be sent to you closer to the date
- The link for the event will be sent 24 hours prior to the event
- Should you register on the day the link will be sent to you no later than an hour prior to the event
- Should you register within an hour of the event we will endeavour to send you the link
- If you are not able to attend the event and have registered a link to the recording will be sent to all registered (those who have attended and those who were not able to)
- If you do not receive the link in these timeframes please contact us to ensure you receive the link, as we do not always receive advice the email has bounced or not been received.
- All times are in AEST unless otherwise stated
- Ensure we are added to your address book
- Please login to the Zoom Meeting Room a couple of minutes before the start time, so we have everyone in when we start, as we will be locking the meeting shortly after the start, which will disable your ability to join us.