‘Under the Hood’ - An Introduction to the brain and neuroscience
This is going to be one of the most interesting and valuable ILP masterclasses for all L&D professionals, as we look into Neuroscience and its impact of learning, with Steve Marriott (UK),
Based on feedback from members, we’ve been told our masterclasses are vitally important to your continued success that going forward we’re extending them to 90 minutes, rather than an hour. Our aim is to provide you with leading-edge insights you can use today.
AGENDA: As a guide, this is how our Masterclasses will run ...
3:30 Welcome and agenda review by ILP CEO Kerry Brocks
3:35 News on the latest changes at ILP and new member benefits by ILP COO Bill Jarrard
3:40 Introduction to our feature presenter/facilitator/topic
3:45 'Under The Hood’ - An Introduction to the brain and neuroscience -details below
4:40 Members Forum - A look into member resources, and how ILP can support member development, including the L&D Capability Framework
4:55 What’s coming up at ILP, and wrap up
‘Under The Hood’ - An Introduction to the brain and neuroscience, with Steve Marriott (UK)
Taken directly from the Behaviour & The Brain programme, this session will offer participants an introduction to our latest understanding about the brain; and how neuroscience is contributing to an expanding bank of knowledge which is shattering a number of strongly held beliefs about the drivers of human behaviour and challenging many traditional leadership and learning practices.
We will look at:
• The evolution and anatomy of your brain
• How neurons process information to create memories and learning
• The vital role of neurotransmitters
• Key insights from the NeuroLeadership Institute
My goal as your guide with this session is not to make you a ‘neuro-expert’, but rather to leave you with a sense of awe and wonder, and a better understanding of the amazing organ that resides ‘Under the Hood’.
Steve Marriott is a behavioural specialist, combining over 25 years of leadership learning & development and consultancy experience with the latest findings in neuroscience and performance psychology. He is the co-author of two books on leadership and transformational change and is a prolific facilitator, speaker and performance coach working in the UK and Europe.
His clients include some of the largest companies in the nuclear industry, manufacturing, retail, leisure & tourism, service and hospitality sectors. In just the last eight years, he has personally worked with over 3000 leaders in highly regulated industries, helping them understand the important behavioural shifts necessary to work collaboratively and lead high performing teams. His direct and frank approach to his work has seen him parachuted in to deal with and successfully turnaround dysfunctional teams.
Highly regarded by some of the most regulated companies in the UK, Steve’s experience, knowledge and ability to help people grow and develop sees him as a most sought after specialist in the field of cultural transformation and leadership & behavourial development.
ILP Members – Free (Please note this will show as free at the finalisation of the registration process)
Non-Members - $29
Please Note: Event Process
- When you register you will receive a confirmation of registration
- A reminder about the event will be sent to you closer to the date
- The link for the event will be sent 24 hours prior to the event
- Should you register on the day the link will be sent to you no later than an hour prior to the event
- Should you register within an hour of the event we will endeavour to send you the link
- If you are not able to attend the event and have registered a link to the recording will be sent to all registered (those who have attended and those who were not able to)
- If you do not receive the link in these timeframes please contact us to ensure you receive the link, as we do not always receive advice the email has bounced or not been received.
- All times are in AEST unless otherwise stated
- Ensure we are added to your address book
- Please login to the Zoom Meeting Room a couple of minutes before the start time, so we have everyone in when we start, as we will be locking the meeting shortly after the start, which will disable your ability to join us.