The Use of Stories in L&D in a Changing Learning Environment with Shawn Callahan, Anecdote
Shawn Callahan, Founder, story specialist and consultant, Anecdote
In this ILP Online Masterclass Shawn will share with us his experience in finding and sharing stories that inspire and motivate. Looking at finding stories, remembering them, and issues around sharing them including story structure, timing, delivery, and keeping them fresh.
L&D professionals use real life stories and experience to impart learning, and now these stories are more important than ever. So join us for what will be a fascinating and valuable session.
From the moment Anecdote started life in 2004, their purpose was to help restore humanity to the workplace.
At first, they focused on story-listening: collecting anecdotes from workers and customers to deliver insights, and to inspire decision-makers with these stories to take action based on what they discovered.
Soon enough, their customers asked us to help them become better storytellers. They resisted at first because it’s too easy to misuse stories. But their clients were determined, so they agreed to do it, as long as they could concentrate on real-life experiences told orally and not made-up tales.
Anecdote now delivers programs in 28 countries and in 11 languages through its global network of associates.
AGENDA: As a guide, this is how our Masterclasses will run ...
3:30 Welcome and agenda review by ILP CEO Kerry Brocks
3:35 News on the latest changes at ILP and new member benefits by ILP COO Bill Jarrard
3:40 Introduction to our feature presenter/facilitator/topic
3:45 The Use of Stories in L&D in a Changing Learning Environment with Shawn Callahan, Anecdote
4:40 Members Forum - A look into member resources, and how ILP can support member development, including the L&D Capability Framework
4:55 What’s coming up at ILP, and wrap up
ILP Members – Free (Please note this will show as free at the finalisation of the registration process)
Non-Members - $29
Please Note: Event Process
- When you register you will receive a confirmation of registration
- A reminder about the event will be sent to you closer to the date
- The link for the event will be sent 24 hours prior to the event
- Should you register on the day the link will be sent to you no later than an hour prior to the event
- Should you register within an hour of the event we will endeavour to send you the link
- If you are not able to attend the event and have registered a link to the recording will be sent to all registered (those who have attended and those who were not able to)
- If you do not receive the link in these timeframes please contact us to ensure you receive the link, as we do not always receive advice the email has bounced or not been received.
- All times are in AEST unless otherwise stated
- Ensure we are added to your address book
- Please login to the Zoom Meeting Room a couple of minutes before the start time, so we have everyone in when we start, as we will be locking the meeting shortly after the start, which will disable your ability to join us.