Using your smartphone to create multimedia content for online and social media with Corinne Podger
This ILP Masterclass builds beautifully on our previous masterclasses with Yana Martens, Jane Anderson, and Gerald Paucshmann by adding the professionalism on social media aspect. As L&D professionals adapt to taking their offering to a global audience.
And as always in the final 20 minutes of the event, we’ll take a look at some specific news and services ILP member will find of value. Here’s our agenda.
3:30 Welcome and agenda review by ILP CEO Kerry Brocks
3:35 News on the latest changes at ILP and Introduction to our feature presenter/facilitator/topic by ILP COO Bill Jarrard
3:40 Using your smartphone to create multimedia for online and social media with Corinne Podger - see below
4:35 Members Forum - Overview of the ILP Certified Virtual Facilitator (CVF) assessment process - Sally Foley-Lewis
4:55 What’s coming up at ILP, and wrap up
ILP Members – Free (Please note this will show as free at the finalisation of the registration process)
Non-Members - $19
Using your smartphone to create multimedia for online and social media with Corinne Podger
This webinar is based on Corinne’s work as a BBC and Reuters trainer, which has helped thousands of journalists and communicators to use their smartphones for professional content creation. It will offer participants a solid introduction to how to get the best from the production studio in your pocket. You will be introduced to affordable apps and equipment to create engaging, authentic multimedia to help promote your business.
We will look at:
• How smartphone cameras and microphones work
• Professional apps for getting better-quality video and images
• Apps for editing your videos
• Simple accessories and equipment
Corinne Podger is the Director and Principal of the Digital Skills Agency. She is a qualified trainer for the BBC and Reuters, and holds an MA from the University of Cambridge (UK).
Corinne has worked as a digital multimedia trainer since 2013, and has trained over 4,000 journalists and communicators in newsrooms, NGOs, charities, businesses, universities and colleges all over the world. She also provides individual coaching and mentoring, and is highly regarded for her practical, jargon-free approach, industry engagement, and personable, enjoyable approach to adult learning.
Organisations she has worked with include the World Association of Newspaper Editors, CNN, the ABC, the World Federation of Science Journalists, Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Oxfam, and the World Health Organisation. She has also lectured in digital journalism at the Universities of Sydney and Melbourne.
Corinne co-organises the annual Mobile Journalism Conference for Asia in collaboration with Konrad Adenauer Stiftung’s Media Programme Asia, and speaks regularly at conferences and events. Her teaching draws on more than 30 years of continuous industry experience as a multimedia reporter, and she continues to work on a freelance basis for the BBC World Service and the International Journalists’ Network. She serves as a judge for the World Digital Media Awards, and as an advisor to the European Journalism Observatory.
Please Note: Event Process
- When you register you will receive a confirmation of registration
- A reminder about the event will be sent to you closer to the date
- The link for the event will be sent 24 hours prior to the event
- Should you register on the day the link will be sent to you no later than an hour prior to the event
- Should you register within an hour of the event we will endeavour to send you the link
- If you are not able to attend the event and have registered a link to the recording will be sent to all registered (those who have attended and those who were not able to)
- If you do not receive the link in these timeframes please contact us to ensure you receive the link, as we do not always receive advice the email has bounced or not been received.
- All times are in AEST unless otherwise stated
- Ensure we are added to your address book
- Please login to the Zoom Meeting Room a couple of minutes before the start time, so we have everyone in when we start, as we will be locking the meeting shortly after the start, which will disable your ability to join us.