Writing for the results you want presented by Vivienne Begg
Writing for the results you want
Do you find you spend too much time writing emails and business documents and still don’t get the results you want?
There is much more to business writing than getting the words right. You’re more likely to get results if you plan, organise and present your content in a way that makes it easy for readers to act on.
Vivienne’s approach can be used for any types of documents, whether you’re:
· writing business communications to senior colleagues in your organisation, or clients you wish to obtain, to convince them that you understand and can meet their needs, whether you are using emails, proposals, business cases, and more,
· or developing a variety of learning materials for participants.
In this session, Vivienne will show you how to identify the purpose and desired results of your documents before you start to write, so that you can clearly pin down the scope and required content of your documents.
But that’s not enough. You also need an approach that makes it easy for your readers to find and understand the information they need. Vivienne will introduce you to the principles of structured writing, an approach based on the psychology of how we read, process, and retrieve information.
And we’ll finish up by looking at best practice advice for writing and presenting your content, based on readability and usability research.
Vivienne Begg: Vivienne has over 25 years’ experience as a trainer and a writer. She specialises in both training people to use a structured writing approach for their business communications, and using the approach herself to develop documents for clients. Vivienne has delivered workshops for a wide variety of private and public sector clients and professional organisations throughout Australia.
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vivienne-begg-71152849/
AGENDA: Times are AEDT (Sydney, Melbourne)
3:30 Welcome and agenda review by ILP CEO Kerry Brocks and ILP COO Bill Jarrard
3:35 Introduction to our feature presenter/facilitator/topic
3:40 Writing for the results you want – Vivienne Begg
4:30 In 2021 we are going to use the last part of the masterclasses in different ways, including open discussion, facilitated activity, introductions from new members and partners, and more. If you have ideas for something that might suit a 20-minute slot, please let Bill know. Thanks
4:50 ILP news, latest resources, and upcoming events, and wrap up
ILP Members – Free (Please note this will show as free at the finalisation of the registration process)
Non-Members - $29
Please Note: Event Process
- When you register you will receive a confirmation of registration
- A reminder about the event will be sent to you closer to the date
- The link for the event will be sent 24 hours prior to the event
- Should you register on the day the link will be sent to you no later than an hour prior to the event
- Should you register within an hour of the event we will endeavour to send you the link
- If you are not able to attend the event and have registered a link to the recording will be sent to all registered (those who have attended and those who were not able to)
- If you do not receive the link in these timeframes please contact us to ensure you receive the link, as we do not always receive advice the email has bounced or not been received.
- All times are in AEST unless otherwise stated
- Ensure we are added to your address book
- Please login to the Zoom Meeting Room a couple of minutes before the start time, so we have everyone in when we start, as we will be locking the meeting shortly after the start, which will disable your ability to join us.